Yes, you can have a manual system to track your inventory.
Why do you need to track your inventory?
It is very important to keep track of your inventory.
Tracking your inventory helps you to have the right products in the right quantity for sale at the right time.
How can tracking be done?
Deskera ‘Shop’ helps you to track your inventory through various tracking codes available:
- SKU - Stock Keeping Unit is a unique product and service identification code devised by a retailer. The SKU will differ for the same products sold by different retailers.
- UPC - Universal Product Code is a barcode symbology that is widely used for tracking products. UPC should be the same for each product, regardless of which retailer is selling it.
- MPN - Manufacturing Part Number is a series of numbers and letters that have been given to a product part by the manufacturer.
- EAN - European Article Number, also known as International Article Number, is a commonly used barcode symbology and numbering system that facilitates global trades by identifying a particular product from a specific manufacturer.
- JAN - Japanese Article Number is used for retail barcodes in Japan. It is similar to the EAN.
- ISBN - International Standard Book Number is a unique product identifier used by internet retailers and other supply chain participants for handling stock management.
Input your tracking codes if applicable.